RE: problem with router cisco 2514

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: problem with router cisco 2514
From: BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:17:40 +0200
Hello Mauricio,

This question has indeed already been discussed in this Forum.
The problem is presumably that your 2514 has big ARP caches or other huge
tables and when your router dumps these tables to netmon, this consumes lots
of cpu resources.
Is this router the default gateway of many users (this would explain a huge
ARP cache) ?

I have read on this forum that NetView V6 was managing this better (by
taking advantage of the CDP)

Maybe you can search the Forum archives to get some pointers to this topic.

Hope this helps you a bit,
Bernard Baudoux
* : 02/56(88).524.68
* : 1GA2H