netmon -a Command

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: netmon -a Command
From: "SZEWCZYK, Jack" <jszewczyk@westpac.com.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:04:54 +1000
Hi,

I was going through my notes to find which command
lists the outstanding ping requests in the netmon queue.
I rememebered it was "netmon -a some_number"
but some_number was the problem ;-)

netmon man page lists only: netmon -a 50 (smartset for MLM)
Manuals are not any better.

Eventually I found it. So here it goes from my notes,
netmon -a commands which I know.

Does anybody knows any other?

Command:
netmon -a <n>

<n>     Description of info written to /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace
--------------------
0       dumps internal netmon structures
3       ping,snmp queues -  detailed
4       snmp polling queue - detailed
5       ping, snmp queues - summary
11      pingWait list  - summary
12      pingWait list  - detailed

Cheers,

Jack

Jack Szewczyk                    |  email: jszewczyk@westpac.com.au
Network Systems Administrator    |
Westpac Banking Corporation      +---------------------------------

Level 2, 72 Christie Street      |   phone: +61 2 9902 6497
St Leonards NSW 2065/AUSTRALIA   |   fax:   +61 2 9902 5111

<<application/ms-tnef>>