Re: OpenView to NetView event forwarding revisited

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: OpenView to NetView event forwarding revisited
From: michael_imhoff@hp.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:28:37 +0200
     You can't. pmd to pmd communication is used in a distributed
     management solution where one or more NNM's forwards topology, status
     and events to a central NNM. This is done using SNMP/TCP (with a NNM
     session setup) between pmd's and SNMP/UDP between the ovrepld daemon
     on the central NNM and the SNMP agent on the remote NNM's (EMANATE
     from SNMP Research bundled with NNM).

     snmpnotify is a command line utility (an enhancement of snmptrap).

     - Michael.

Author:  Non-HP-fhansen (fhansen@ENTERPRISEINNOVATIONS.COM) at
HP-Belgium,mimegw3
Date:    2000-06-27 21:57

I had posed the question a week ago on forwarding events from OpenView to
NetView and received an answer that stated to use "snmpnotify" as a action
to the event stream.  Has anyone tried forwarding events from OpenView 6.1
to NetView 6.0 via PMD.  From what I have read OpenView 5.x could only
forward events via PMD to PMD on OpenView  to OpenView basis.

Best Regards,

Frank W. Hansen
Enterprise Certified Tivoli Consultant