RE: Linux Servers

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Linux Servers
From: Jim Butterworth <jim@snmp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:00:40 -0400 (EDT)
>To: NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
>Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:24:01 -0400
>Subject: [NV-L] Linux Servers
>Sender: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
>
>Hi there,
>We are n the process of managing Linux devices on the Network... Is there
>any MIBS that I need to download or is there any specific web site that I
>could go to
>for accessing this informtion... Is the snmp configuration similar to AIX
>4.x.x.
>
>Rgds
>
>Ziyad Choudhury
>B 330D AZ26-34, Mail Drop 82X
>2070 Rt. 52
>Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
>The TRUTH is out there, and all we have to do is CLICK on it.
>IBM Corp.
>E-Mail:: ZIYAD@US.IBM.COM
>Phone: ( 914) 894-9620
>T/L 533-9620
>Fax  914-894-6344
>T/L 533-6344

Hello Ziyad,

My name is Jim Butterworth, Business Development Liaison for SNMP Research
International. We have a product called CIAgent that includes our EMANATE
SNMP agent technology and the following:

---CIAgent.  This provides you with the DR-Web EMANATE Master Agent
   (an SNMPv1/SNMPv2c/SNMPv3 SNMP Agent with integrated Web Server) in
   binary, multiple ready-to-run Subagents for system and application
   management, and SNMP Utilities and MIB Tools in binary.  The list of
   MIB documents supported by CIAgent includes:

       MIB-II (RFC 1213)
       Host Resources MIB (RFC 1514)
       System-Level Applications MIB (RFC 2287)
       Disman Schedule MIB (RFC 2591)
       Script MIB (RFC 2592)
       Event MIB (a product of the DISMAN IETF working group)
       Mid-Level Manager MIB
       Logfile Monitor MIB
       File System Monitor MIB
       Critical Applications Monitor MIB
       DR-Web Custom Page MIB
       SNMPv3 MIBs (RFC 2571-2575)

   This product is available for the following operating systems:

       HP/UX 10.x
       HP/UX 11.x
       Linux 2.0.36 (Red Hat 5.2) (Intel)
       Solaris 2.6 (32-bit Sparc)
       Solaris 7 (64-bit Sparc)
       Windows NT/95 (Intel)

I would be glad to discuss this further with you off-line if you desire.
I look forward to hearing from you.

With Kind Regards,
Jim