netmon dies after adding in another standard cisco device

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: netmon dies after adding in another standard cisco device
From: "Mark van Kerkwyk" <mark%BEEKHUL@vk.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 05:41:53 +0100
Hi,
     in the test environment I am current running, we have only a small
number oif devices, about 10 routers with around 30 WAN links

As soon as I add one of our standard cisco 3640's in, netmon suddendly
dies, I have multiple machines with identical config (except the network
config of course) and they all get added to the map fine and data is
successfully collected.

But as soon as I add this particluar one into the seedfile and run netmon
-y, netmon dies within a couple of minutes.

I am running a trace mask of 127 and can see no errors at all in the
netmon.trace file, it simply dies without any messages whatsoever.

As soon as I remove the device from the seedfile and rediscover, I have no
problems, so I believe I have definitely identified this device as the one
causing the problem.

Any ideas ??

Mark