Re: netmon dies after adding in another standard cisco device

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netmon dies after adding in another standard cisco device
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:49:49 -0400

Does it core?  What is the exit status and last message from ovstatus netmon?

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Mark van Kerkwyk" <mark%BEEKHUL@vk.net> on 07/03/2000 12:41:53 AM

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>

Hi,
     in the test environment I am current running, we have only a small
number oif devices, about 10 routers with around 30 WAN links

As soon as I add one of our standard cisco 3640's in, netmon suddendly
dies, I have multiple machines with identical config (except the network
config of course) and they all get added to the map fine and data is
successfully collected.

But as soon as I add this particluar one into the seedfile and run netmon
-y, netmon dies within a couple of minutes.

I am running a trace mask of 127 and can see no errors at all in the
netmon.trace file, it simply dies without any messages whatsoever.

As soon as I remove the device from the seedfile and rediscover, I have no
problems, so I believe I have definitely identified this device as the one
causing the problem.

Any ideas ??

Mark

Environment = Netview 6.0 on Solaris 2.6