Re: ISDN Cisco Traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ISDN Cisco Traps
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:32:33 -0400

The problem with the MIB is that is is not  complete.  It has to start with
1.3.6.1.4.1.9 (the basic Cisco OID) and go from there or mib2trap cannot
determine the OID.  You have to work backwards through the MIB by hand or use
the MIB browser after you have loaded the MIB to determine what the OID should
be.  Or else  wait for one of the traps to arrive (if you can cause the router
to generate one that would be the easiest) and just look at the card.   Support
can help you with the MIB  if you open a problem.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"zainet.wbergba" <wolfgang.bergbauer@ibm.net> on 07/18/2000 04:25:15 AM