Re: cleanup smit in AIX 4.3.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: cleanup smit in AIX 4.3.3
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:49:46 -0400

Under /usr/lpp/nv6000 you will find these files:
nv6000.features.obj.odmdel
nv6000.features.obj.odmadd

Execute the first one to delete the smit entries
Then run 'odmadd nv6000.features.obj.odmadd' to re-add the smit entries.
Check in between. I'm not sure if you have to run the delete twice or not.
Make a note of the value of $ODMDIR before and after and make sure
it was not changed.

This is done for you when you do a proper uninstall between installs, but
I used to get into this situation a lot with earlier versions.

Detroit

"Werner Nixdorf" <werner.nixdorf@datev.de>@tkg.com on 07/19/2000 05:42:41
AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com