RE: Router Icons Discovered with a Partial IP Address

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Router Icons Discovered with a Partial IP Address
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@usaa.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:12:15 -0500
I experienced the same "phenomenon" while beta testing NetView 6.0, and
never received a satisfactory explanation, let alone a fix, from the NetView
developers.  We are not yet running V6 in production (wanted to wait for
6.0.1), but we are growing impatient.  We were planning to start working on
V6, so if we see the same problem I'll post something to the list.

By the way, we have Cisco routers, too, so the problem seems to be related
to netmon discovery of Cisco devices.  Tivoli added lots of new
functionality to support Cisco devices, and enhance discovery.  It seems
that something is just a little "flaky".

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX
* (210)913-4231         * mailto:Joel.Gerber@USAA.com   "
http://www.usaa.com