Re: MIB browser in Control Desk, can it be removed?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MIB browser in Control Desk, can it be removed?
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:00:56 -0400

No there is not.  All those menus are hard-coded and internal to the events
application.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Rauwers, Laurens" <rauwers@hitt.nl> on 08/02/2000 03:41:18 AM

To:   "'IBM NetView Discussion'" <nv-l@tkg.com>
Subject:  [NV-L] MIB browser in Control Desk, can it be removed?

Hello list,
Running NV 5.1.2

For some users we have removed the MIB browser from the Tools menu in the
ovw window, because we don't want them to set
MIB variables.
However they still can do it via the "backdoor" of the Events list window.
There are at least two menus here which gives access to the MIB browser. The
first one is View->Cards and the second is Options->Additional Actions.
Is there a way to disable(remove) the MIB browser from those menu's?

Any help will be appreciated.

Laurens Rauwers
HITT
e-mail: rauwers@hitt.nl