Status By SNMP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Status By SNMP
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:37:20 -0400
Hello all,

        As per NetView version 6.0 release notes netmon can poll status by
sending SNMP queries for the ifAdminStatus and  ifOperStatus values of
interfaces. One of the three ways you can do this is

        By using the P switch in the /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type file against
classes of devices.

        I have modified oid_to_type file. How can I find out that netmon is
polling these devices by SNMP and not by ping?

        I tried changing the read community string on those devices but it
does not give node down or any kind of status down      events.

        Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Shailesh Patel
Enterprise Management Services