RE: Status By SNMP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Status By SNMP
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:01:11 -0400
I put $ against the node ip address in the seed file and then I changed
community string in NetView (ovsnmp.conf). I got node down as well as
interface down event for that node. Then I changed back the community
string. In the next polling cycle I got node up as well as interface up
event but the color of the icon still remains white (unreachable). Any idea
why? I waited couple of polling cycle to make sure that it does not become
green by itself. I did the manual ping from netview and icon became green
again. So the question is shouldn't it become green automatically again once
staus by SNMP is OK again?

I will still try again by modifying oid_to_type file. I will discover new
nodes after I modify oid_to_type file.

Thanks for all of your responses.

Shailesh Patel
Enterprise Management Services