Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Loading MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Loading MIB
From: alexis.henry@bnpparibas.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:13:45 +0200
Thank you Leslie!
This particular MIB is indeed a repeat of regular MIB so i will not load it.
I needed this MIB as a prerequisite for another one but it seems ok to load the
other one.

I had no idea it would disable snmpcollect, thank you again.

Alexis Henry
Banque Nationale de Paris
Network ingeneer

Internet

lclark@us.ibm.com on 23/08/2000 13:49

Veuillez répondre à nv-l@tkg.com

Pour :    nv-l
cc :
ccc : Alexis Henry
Objet :   Re: Réf. : Re: [NV-L] Loading MIB

James will tell you about the internals, but I will tell you what I usually
do
wrong that gives errors loading MIB's - if you ftp'd that file from
somewhere
else, take a look at it (with vi, not just pg) and make sure it was
transferred
ascii. Then look at the end of the file for a missing or extra EOF
character.

Another thing: I think that particular MIB is  a repeat of the regular MIB
II
interface MIB in which Cisco changes the type of some things to
integer32. If you load that, snmpCollect won't work any more. Take a
look inside and be sure it is correct, and that you really need it. Not
everything in the Cisco MIB tar file is cisco-proprietary.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

alexis.henry@bnpparibas.com@tkg.com on 08/23/2000 03:29:34 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com