Which daemons to stop for backup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Which daemons to stop for backup
From: "Bernard Disselborg" <BDISSELB@triple-p.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:21:19 +0200
Hello,

Environment: NV5.1.2 on AIX. Events are forwarded to TEC through nvserverd.

I know it is good practice to stop all daemons, before performing a backup of
the NetView databases.

My question is: is it necessary to stop *all* deamons to create a good backup.

I would like to keep those daemons running, so that events/traps coming in from
the netwerk still can be forwarded to TEC during backup.

Any comments on this, is this possible ?

Thanks in advance,

Bernard

Bernard Disselborg
Consultant
Triple P Nederland bv - Enterprise Management
PO Box 245, 4130 EE Vianen, The Netherlands
e-mail: bdisselb@triple-p.nl
tel: +31 (0)347 353317
mobile: +31 (0)655 833355