Re: NV Rulesets in 6.0.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV Rulesets in 6.0.1
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 16:23:00 -0400

If the Event Source is PASS, then all events which are seen by this ruleset will
be forwarded.  If it is BLOCK, then only those which match the internal criteria
so that they are reset to Forward at the end, will be forwarded.  That is how it
should work.
I know of no reason which would account for this not working in 6.0.1

As for Node Up's not being forwarded ,  a Pass-On-Match or a Reset-On-Match only
passes along the event in the Input 1 side of the match.  Typically that is the
Node Down or Interface Down event.   The event used for the match, on the Input
2 side, typically the Node Up or Interface Up, is never forwarded unless you
specifically add code to do that.  By default they are just discarded. This too
is how this has always worked, and I know of no reason why this should not work
in 6.0.1 either.

You can trace the execution of your rulesets by issuing "nvcdebug -d all"  and
looking at the nvcorrd.alog and .blog.
If your rulesets are not working as I have described, then I suggest a call to
Support.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT