Re: Netmon discovery using OID's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netmon discovery using OID's
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:39:35 -0400

Arjen, listing oids only acts as a filter. There is a 'rules' section of
your seedfile,
which is all you normally need to run with after the complete discovery is
done,
and there are other sections containing routers and hubs, which you woud
use
in the event that you wanted to rediscover the network. The presence of
those
specific names or addresses forces the discovery. Without them, with just
the rules, eventually netview will discover everything, but it could take
weeks.

See this entry in the documentation I left you in the section 'General
Customization':
x_ Established seedfile /opt/Tivoli/NV_conf/seedfile
        Some sectional seedfiles are there as well, in case they are needed
for rediscovery.
       Aside from discovery time, only need the rules section of the
seedfile
        Use 'netmon -y' to revisit seedfile. Check /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace
for successful load

Detroit

"Hageman, Arjen (A)" <AHAGEMAN@dow.com>@tkg.com on 09/12/2000 07:17:59 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com