Re: discovery events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: discovery events
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:10:18 -0400

My guess would be that the second system, on whose map you say
that subnet is unmanaged, has at least one other map and that subnet
is managed on at least one of them. The extra traffic on the subnet
caused by the first system's rediscovery is causing delayed response
to the status polls of the second system.

To check for multiple maps on the second system, do File...Open  and
see what maps are listed. If there is only the 'default' map, then I, too,
am mystified.

Detroit

fjliu@CA.IBM.COM@tkg.com on 10/06/2000 11:50:39 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com