Re: discovery events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: discovery events
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:30:00 -0400

I missed your second question. No. Or Yes. If you are on V6.01 with
Router Fault Isolator enabled, then, yes, finding one node unreachable
(status poll times out) will cause netmon to revise it's normal polling
sequence to investigate that subnet more closely. But if RFI is enabled,
you should not be getting Down events for things besides router interfaces.

Generally speaking, though, slow response does not cause polling,
especially of the network is unmanaged. Now, you want to make sure
that the things inside the network are unmanaged as well. But if something
is unmanaged, it does not get polled.

Ask again if this is not helpful. I may only be confusing you.

Detroit

fjliu@CA.IBM.COM@tkg.com on 10/06/2000 02:35:49 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com