Re: Event History

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event History
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:23:55 -0400
Event History has nothing to do with trapd.log.  It reads what is in
/usr/OV/log/ovevent.log.  The biggest size this can be is 2MB, ad when this
is reached, old events are replaced with newer ones.

I would try it by starting it without any filters and then apply them.
I'll bet the evens you want are not in ovevent.log any longer.  Events
History should have been called "Recent Events History" because in most
busy shops it will not hold even a day's worth of old events.    The
purpose was just to show an operator what he might hav missed from the
previous shift.  It was not designed to go back any farther.  Historical
analysis  has to be done on trapd.log, which you can archive and browse as
you see fit.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT