Re: snmpCollect data and SAS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpCollect data and SAS
From: tlord@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:36:11 -0400
Hi Leslie,

I am a SAS programmer and can help answer your questions if you'd like to
give me a call.

Tracy

Tracy L. Lord
802-769-8734  / tie. 446-8734 / Page 802-878-5386 x2350
IBM Global Services
MN5D/967G
1000 River Street
Essex Junction, Vermont 05452
tlord@us.ibm.com
http://w3afs.btv.ibm.com/~tlord

Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS@tkg.com on 10/09/2000 07:42:32 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   NV-L@tkg.com
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] snmpCollect data and SAS

I hope there are some SAS users out there. I've collected some real nice
data on Netview 5.1.2 on AIX, and now I'm not sure what to do with it. The
plan is
to transfer it to an HP system that runs SAS ITSV 2.3.0004. It was my
understanding
that the one platform could handle data from all sources, but it appears
that it
uses the same processing for NV data as it does for OV data. It invokes
snmpColDump. And snmpColDump on this OV 6.10 system cannot read the
files. I have inspected the files and they look ok to me ( bang files are
acii,
data files are chunks of smiley faces, sizes ok).  I sent it some NV 6.01
files,
same story.

Am I supposed to process them with something on the Netview system and
carry that over to the SAS system and process it with some other function
besides
the OV-NV agent?

I'm missing something basic here, I'm afraid. Any clues welcome...

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager