Re: ARF's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ARF's
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:32:16 -0400
Here's an example that I use a lot. Use xnmappmon to provide a
nice box for the output of your app. The command I'm issuing here is
grep. I'm not sure if I needed the Command entry, I have a couple of
versions of this and I'm not sure if this is the latest. Note I left off
Help.

So you put this kind of thing in a file, any file, in
/usr/OV/registration/C,
and close and open the map. Watch for errors in nv6000.log as the
files are processed on startup. That's all there is to it. It shows up on
the menu where you specified.
============ sample registration file using xnmappmon ===========

Application "Show All Events"
{
    Description {
        "Greps all events for a node",
        "from trapd.log"
    }
    Version "V5R1";
    Copyright {
        "";
    }

    Command -Shared  "${xnmappmon:-/usr/OV/bin/xnmappmon}";

    MenuBar "Test"
    {
        <83>    "All Events"        f.action "showevents";
    }

/*******/

    Action "showevents" {
        SelectionRule isNode && isIP;
        MinSelected 1;
         Command " \
                /usr/OV/bin/xnmappmon \
                -commandTitle \" All Events \" \
                -geometry 900x600                    \
                -cmd grep \"$OVwSelection1\" /usr/OV/log/trapd.log* ";
    }
}

Detroit

Stephen Elliott <selliott@epicrealm.com>@tkg.com on 10/11/2000 09:39:56 AM