NetviewNT WEB client 6.0.1 -Firewall problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetviewNT WEB client 6.0.1 -Firewall problems
From: Vynita <vynita@metroweb.co.za>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:04:57 +0200
-------Phoenix-Boundary-07081998-

Hi all

I am trying to get the web client to work through a firewall but to no
avail.
As per James Shanks notes about pegging down the port number, I loaded the
6.0.1 software and made the changes so that the map would open on port 80.

On the client I call http://serverip:8080/NetviewApplet.html, I receive the
login prompt. After logging in I get the white screen with File .. etc. If
I click on event browser the event browser appears but if I go file->Open
the netview client just hangs. On the sniffer I see an HTTP error 404 and
nothing more happens

I have also tried using nvwc serverip 8080 and I still get no map appearing.
With a network sniffer (whilst using nvwc) I can see ports 80 and 8080 but
I can also see that after the "Openmap" which is initiated by the client,
with the destination port 80  & s4351,  I see HTML data being received but
then the server initiates another session dest port 4352(Random port which
increments by one from the previous session) & s 4666, which does not get
acknowledged because it is blocked. The client continues again on dest 80 &
s 4351  but the map is never received.
I am using the standard jettyserver settings which specify 8080 for
connectivity and mib browser 8892.

If I physically change segments so that the both server and client are on
the same segment it works and I get the default map.

Thanks in advance
Vynita

-------Phoenix-Boundary-07081998---