Yellow collmap exiting popup.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Yellow collmap exiting popup.
From: "Ray Westphal" <rwestphal@erac.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:46:05 -0500
Hello All,

My NV 6.0.1 users occasionally get a bright, yellow, pop-up window when
starting the NetView EUI. The message reports something like "collmap
exiting - cannot connect to database". NV is 6.0.1 running on AIX 4.3.3 on a
4 processor IBM H70 RS6000. The object database contains around 10,000
objects. NWays 2.1 is also installed to manage IBM ATM & token ring
equipment.

The only observations I've been able to make are:

1) It only occurs with read-only maps.
2) Overall NetView GUI start has degraded since this started.
3) The following message appears in the nv6000.log. "<maint-0025-0198>The
Cache Manager process appears to have disappeared. (err_internal)"

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
NMSA Systems Administrator