No Subject

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: No Subject
From: Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:16:44 -0500
Scott Bursik
Frito-Lay
scott.bursik@fritolay.com

I am migrating from NetView 5.1 to NetView 6.0.1. With the advent of the seed
file editor I have encountered a issue. With the version 5.1 I had comments in
the seed file for my address ranges to help with editing and adding entries.
This was easy because we used a text editor and the comments were there to read.
When that same seed file is loaded into NetView 6.0 or 6.0.1 it is ignored. When
you attempt to open it with the seed file editor, it opens blank. After the
comments are removed the seed file works well. Comments can be added if they are
listed above or below the IP address or range, and if that comment starts with a
#. Does anyone know if there is a plan to add a comment field to the seed file
editor GUI? Our seed file is quite large and the seed file is necessary.