Re: OVX Beep

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: OVX Beep
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:50:11 -0400
ovxbeep will work on any UNIX machine which supports a Motif-style X GUI.
Win 95 does not.  I think you can get it to work if you have an X-emulator
such as Exceed on the box, but I have never tried that.  Perhaps someone
else has.  I am afraid that otherwise you would have to send some Windows
command to pop-up a window on an NT machine and not ovxbeep.   NetView for
NT ships such a command called nvplay, but I don't know what other tools
you might use if the box does not have NetView.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

nvvaidya@in.ibm.com on 10/13/2000 05:40:46 AM