Netmon.trace errors

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netmon.trace errors
From: Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:42:34 -0500
I am running NetView 6.0 for Unix on a AIX 4.3.2 box and I am having issues with
discovery of new nodes added to the seed file. I view the netmon.trace file and
I find the error listed below. When I add files to the seed file, I go to the
command line and enter the netmon -y command and NetView still does not discover
the new nodes.

/usr/OV/bin/nmcheckconf: ERROR: LAN interface "Name" not UP and RUNNING.
**** Warnings from /usr/OV/bin/nmcheckconf configuration check script
netmon: Reloading seed file '/usr/OV/conf/netmon.seed'
netmon: Reloaded seed file '/usr/OV/conf/netmon.seed' successfully