Re: NV-L Digest - 16 Oct 2000

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV-L Digest - 16 Oct 2000
From: lewarren@au1.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:30:48 +1100
I hope someone can assist,

I am currently looking to install NetView 6.0 and then to upgrade to
Netview 6.01straight away on an account (after testing).

In our current environment we are running NetView 5.1, Nways 2.1 and Tivoli
Manager for Network Connectivity (TFNC) 1.1 on a dedicated AIX box v4.3.3

My questions...
I read an obscure reference on Tivoli's customer site that states that TFNC
has not been tested therefore is not recommended nor supported under
NetView 6.x.   Does this mean that the reference in the manual to "Tivoli
for Managed Network Services" is the replacement for TFNC? and if so or if
not, where do I find out about it as I cannot find a referenced to it on
Tivoli's site.

Also they talk about the "White Symbol Color and Unreachable Status" which
they say is used by the above product, but is this "White Color" &
"Unreachable Status" also used by or have anything to do with "The Router
Fault Isolation" feature (also known as Event Suppression)

In relation to the "new" status color of white does that also mean that
NetView will not forward any messages from other devices that have had  a
device above them turn white?

Many thanks

Regards

Leigh WARREN
IBM Global Services Australia
Phone: +61 3 9627 0271
Mobile: +61 413 722 846
Email: lewarren@au1.ibm.com

The greatest moments of sheer brilliance usually occur in the presence of
absolute stupidity