Re: New Symbols or Bitmaps not working with 6.0.1?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: New Symbols or Bitmaps not working with 6.0.1?
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:17:44 -0400
If I want to change the symbols for previously discovered nodes, I do
this (the brute force method)
1) update the files, run ovw -config, etc.
2) stop netmon
3) delete the nodes from all submaps
4) ovtoopofix -a
5) close the map
6)  stop the rest of the daemons
7) restart everything.
When the nodes get rediscovered, they have the new symbols.
Somethimes the ones in the Smartsets don't get them, since they get
shoved in there before they are fully created. In that case I delete the
egg for the Smartset and it comes back with the current symbols used
in the IP map. The point is that I don't expect new symbols to be applied
to old nodes. Maybe it should, and maybe it will eventually, but I'm not
that patient.

Detroit

James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM@tkg.com on 10/17/2000 01:54:09 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com