Re: Dr. Watson on NT 6.0.1 Web Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Dr. Watson on NT 6.0.1 Web Server
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 00:21:08 -0400
You might ask Support about APAR  IY12916.

Detroit.

"Brizzi, Ray" <Ray_Brizzi@anntaylor.com>@tkg.com on 10/20/2000 07:56:19 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   "'IBM NetView Discussion'" <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Dr. Watson on NT 6.0.1 Web Server

I am getting a Dr. Watson error on the NT Netview 6.0.1 Web Server. The
error points to jre.exe, Exception access violation (0xc00000005 Address
0x0a9322cf.  Or else the client hangs up. This is when looking at the map
in
any view. The server is NT 4.0 SP 6. The Client is IE 5.0.

This happened a while back but it seemed like it was fixed, and now it's
started again

I can select the map from the Open menu, but the Root icon on the left is
brown. Both IP Internet and SmartSets show up. If I select anything on this
map from either the navigator or the topology view, I get no response. If I
try it a few times quickly, the client hangs up totally and the web server
crashes.

Other features like the event browser and log viewer work fine. Only the
map
viewer fails.  Anybody hit and fix this one?

Ray