Map Location

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Map Location
From: scott.hammons@farmersinsurance.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:44:44 -0500

Hello all,

Where is the Map Location specified in NetView?  I have all of the NetView
processes running but when I try to start the GUI I receive the following error:

Could not open map: default.  Map exists on machine:  XXX.YYY.YYY

Where XXX=NetView Server name and YYY.YYY=domain name.

I'm assuming that the GUI is not resolving the current hostname to the fully
qualified domain name hence the error.  So I was wondering if there is a way to
specify (maybe in a config file) the location.  I've checked the DNS entries and
the short name resolves to the fully qualified name.  Any help  is appreciated.

Scott Hammons, Consultant
Advanced Integrated Solutions, Inc.
(Farmers Line) 405-782-5302
(Pager) 888-520-0517