BandwidthUtilHdx statistics in Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: BandwidthUtilHdx statistics in Netview
From: Tsubasa_Kimura@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:01:21 -0600
List,

       The formula in mibexpr.conf is BandwidthUtilHdx =
(8*100*(IFin+IFout))/IFSpeed. Now, the formula should be a percentage but
IFin and IFout are both in bytes which get converted to bits by
multiplying by 8 but IFSpeed in bits per second. The result of the
division is still in
seconds with a multiplication of 100 for it to be a percentage. So the
question is whether we still need to divide the formula with the
collection duration to get a real percentage figure.

Thank you,
Tsubasa