RE: Netview changing snmp config by itself

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview changing snmp config by itself
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:30:13 -0500
Shailesh, the case you site is, I believe, working as designed. I have
seen it too. That is, it is assumed by netview that 'public' is in the
community names file. The header tells you not to put it in. I think it
is because it is assumed to be in there. That is useful in the case where
your global default is not public. The alternate names processing then
tries public, and adds entries to ovsnmp.conf if they work. That's what
I think.

Detroit

"Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>@tkg.com on 11/08/2000
05:17:58 PM