Re: Host Name Change on TEC Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Host Name Change on TEC Server
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:07:05 -0500
The instructions for changing the hostname on a Managed Node
in a Tivoli Management Region are in the Framework manuals, the Users
Guide, I think.  It is rather involved. The general idea is to tell Tivoli
about it first, by adding an alias, then carry it out the actual change.
You really ought to investigate this through the Tivoli listserver,
however.  Don't try to wing it, is my advise.

If you are forwarding events from Netview to the T/EC using the
nvserverd adapter, that is just a matter of changing the destination
name or address as necessary.

Detroit

"Ardino, Frank J" <Frank.Ardino@CIGNA.COM>@tkg.com on 11/15/2000 09:42:01
AM