Re: How do I set my own collect time [SnmpCollect ]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How do I set my own collect time [SnmpCollect ]
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:17:12 -0500
How is this normally done? Well, I hesitate to say this, but I
doubt that this is normally done. You are fighting every design
feature of the data collection capabilites of the product. It might
be easier for you to just use cron to run a script that retrieves
the data. You could use the snmpget command, or, better yet, the
mibtable command. See the man pages for those.

Anybody else doing this?

Detroit

Clarence Hart <rti1clh@ismd.ups.com>@tkg.com on 11/15/2000 01:24:59 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com