Cisco Mibs and traps to NetView and other NMS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cisco Mibs and traps to NetView and other NMS
From: "Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner@rfv.sfa.se>
Date: 16 Nov 2000 14:40:00 +0200
Hello,
as I have seen several people have problem with Cisco Mibs and building traps
from new
cisco mibs. As we have had this problem for several months it's good to know
that there
are more with this same problem. As Cisco have withdrawn the support of the
script that
build the trapd.conf ( the one which is on the Cisco CCO web-site ) and the
problem arise
when you have new devices to compare a list for each of the devices against
each other
something better has to used. The question is what ? We opened a case at Cisco
and
finally got them to open a bug ( SCCds19672 ) which will deliver a trap
definition file which would contain all
the Cisco defined traps, represented in a vendor neutral format.Cisco estimate
that this bug will be fixed
by the first quarter of 2001.
I tried to get Cisco to contact Tivoli so that they could work together but I
don't know if they have made
this contact....
Hope Cisco will deliver now...