Re: Creating smart set for pc's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Creating smart set for pc's
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:46:37 -0600
        Is SNMP enabled on these PC's? If it is do it by the OID, if not, I
have found that if you have a specific naming convention for workstations,
you can use that. That way SNMP doesn't matter. I have used this method for
our servers as well because some sites have taken it upon themselves to stop
the SNMP service for whatever reason.

        Scott Bursik
        Pepsico Business Solutions Group

        "Brizzi, Ray" <Ray_Brizzi@anntaylor.com>
        11/16/2000 01:15 PM
        Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>@SMTP@Exchange