Re: Re: Cisco Mibs and traps to NetView and other NM S

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: Cisco Mibs and traps to NetView and other NM S
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:38:04 -0500
I have no contact with Cisco at all.  I am a low level bug fixer.  That is
all.  Inter-vendor contact is handled by other folks  in other departments.
If they do something with Cisco or anyone else, I hear about it after it is
done, not before nor while it is in progress.

I think you misunderstand my role here.  I am a volunteer on this list.  I
am not required to be here.  And I don't represent the marketing nor
development side of Tivoli.  I am just providing what help I can about
problems with NetView.  My team leader role is just for Level 3, which is
what we call the team of bug fixers, and it just means that  I have some
better idea than most what bugs are currently being worked on.  Long term
development projects are not in my purview.

That said, I should like to point out that you can get a NetView Cisco
Integration pack from the Cisco web site which we collaborated on, that
adds plenty of Cisco V2 MIBs to NetView, as part of the install.  Also, in
6.0.1 we added about 40 V1 copies of Cisco MIBs that people have been
asking for.  So it may be that some of what you want is already done.

If you have additional MIBs you want added you can make that known here if
you like, but the official way to get NetView changed is to open an
enhancement request through your marketing rep or  make a call to Support.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner@rfv.sfa.se> on 11/17/2000 02:05:00 AM