Select failed; error code 9

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Select failed; error code 9
From: "Gerlach, Ingo" <Ingo.Gerlach@gedas.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:00:51 +0100
Hello all,

i have the same problem was reported last year from Sergio.

        I have NetView 5.1.2 AIX 4.3

        I have this problem: when I try to read some mib with the mib
browser
        being an user different to root the mib browser hang up and the
        respective nv6000.log is filled  with this message:
        Warning: Select failed; error code 9

        but if I make the same, being root nothing wrong happened, I think
that
        the problem is due to a lack of permissions over some file.

        Somebody has seen this problem before ?

        Could I fix this problem changing some file permission?

        thanks in advance,

        Sergio Cardona.

We have Netview 6.0 on Solaris 2.7.
I read all mails , but i cant't find a solution for this problem.

Has somebody a fix for this ??

Thanks
Ingo Gerlach
gedas
            your IT partner
CC Systemintegration
D-38440 Wolfsburg, Alessandro-Volta-Str. 7
phone: +49-5361-40 1711
fax: +49-5361-186-988
<mailto:Ingo.Gerlach@gedas.de>
<http://www.gedas.net/>