New Nodes Managed

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: New Nodes Managed
From: mans.langert@se.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:56:32 +0100

Hi all,

a question for You ; in the SNMP Configuration I've set not to "Discover
Node(s) Managed". Then I manage one network at a time and manually make
nodes in them managed. This to get a somewhat more controlled initial
discovery process. But, the thing is that about half of all nodes that's
been discovered are managed anyway. I see nothing in common among managed
nodes and unmanaged ones, some of them are SNMP supported, some are not.
Networks seems to be unmanaged, so far anyway. Why is it like this?

NetView6.0.1, Framework 3.6.2, Solaris 2.6.

TIA

Regards
Måns Langert

IBM Global Services