Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Better Graphing tools for Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Better Graphing tools for Netview
From: Jochen.Friedrich@genorz.de
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:06:00 +0100
Hi Clarence,

>    This is what I'm doing;
>
>         1) snmpCollect collects and saves all data from OID.#! files.
>
>         2) I then read/dump the OID.# data to create the rrd's.
>
>         3) webpage displays on-the-fly graphs.

Sounds familiar ;-)

>    The problem happens during step 1. My network devices have 32bit
>    counters so once or twice a day on busy ports the counters reset or
>    wrap.  This causes a gap in the rrd database. Have you run into this
>    problem?

We currently only use snmpCollect to collect Interface statistics and
CPU load for all our routers. For the interface statistics, snmpCollect
already does the conversion from COUNTER to GAUGE type data.

>    Also I'm wondering has anyone change the mib.coerce data file
>    to store GAUGE instead of COUNTER type data to resolve similar issues.

This might be a possibility. The standard interface statistics (under
mibII.if) seem to be handled correctly.

Cheers,