NAT Problems with NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NAT Problems with NetView
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:34:52 -0500
Hello All,

        We are running NetView 6.0.1 on Solaris 2.7. We are having some
issues with NAT support from NetView. Has any one run across these
        kind of issues. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

*       for routers that are doing Network Address Translation, NAT, Netview
discovers the dynamic NAT IP addresses as if they are router interfaces and
these "routers interfaces" subsequently go RED when the dynamic session is
complete this causes extra work of "constantly" unmanaging the discovered
NAT IP addresses as they turn RED.

*       some devices display as BLUE, unknown status, even though the device
can be pinged - this condition occurs after the device has previously been
GREEN and should be GREEN

Shailesh Patel
Framework Capabilities
Electronic Data Systems