RE: Re: snmpCollect counter wrapping

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Re: snmpCollect counter wrapping
From: Clarence Hart <rti1clh@ismd.ups.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:14:17 -0500 (EST)
Leslie,

I agree with you Paul,  there is an algorithm to figure out what the value
should be.  My question was " Is snmpCollect supposed to figure out what the
 wrapped values are?"  On most of our ports I could live with a gap/null value
 once every few days but on uplinks and high bandwidth ports I'm getting
 gaps in my data more frequently.

 I suggest a patch be implemented to fix this issue as soon as possible...

 Many Netview/Network  Admins will benefit from the addition of a few lines
 of code to figure out the wrapped data value.

 Thanks

 CoolC