Regarding: Cisco Mibs and traps to NetView and o ther NMS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Regarding: Cisco Mibs and traps to NetView and o ther NMS
From: "Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner@rfv.sfa.se>
Date: 1 Dec 2000 12:54:00 +0100
Hello again,
yes I understand about the role you have James, but I thought that
people in this list should know that Cisco is working with this mib /
trap problem. I wonder who at Tivoli has contact with Cisco regarding
cooperation ? At first the Cisco support people blamed the problem
with mib- and traploading on Tivoli so it looks like the cooperation is
not fully developed.
Sorry to correct you James but the NetView Cisco Integration Pack
doesn't any more add mibs / traps ; I installed rel.3 of this integration pack
without it adding anything more in trapd.conf. It looks like Cisco made an
"improvement" from rel.1 ....
The point is that Cisco should and are going to develop a tool to get
the mibs / traps needed for each device that the customer has.

Mike Gruner