Re: Smartsets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Smartsets
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 20:08:12 -0500
You can also use the nvdbimport command to set a field of your
own on a list of nodes.  You can have all sorts of fun with that.

Detroit

James_Shanks@tivoli.com@tkg.com on 12/04/2000 03:43:33 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  Re: [NV-L] Smartsets

There is a list function for smartsets (in the dialog click on "Definition
Type:" when you are in the Modify screen), but it is limited to 2048
characters so your list will be too big. But you could define several
smaller smartsets, and then one which is a superset of all of the smaller
ones.
Another alternative is to give them all some attribute in common, which you
could do with nvdbimport, and then make a smartset out of that.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com@tkg.com on 12/04/2000 02:55:37 PM