Re: Question regarding Reflection vs. Exceed X-sessi ons

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Question regarding Reflection vs. Exceed X-sessi ons
From: Gareth_Holl@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:45:30 -0500
I can't comment on Reflection but Exceed and NetView do work fairly well
together. There are always going to be certain incompatabilities though and
obviously recommendation to help them better work together. For example,
Exceed on NT runs much better when the box has adequate memory installed
(minimum 128MB). Also, DO NOT close the exceed session by using the small
"X" box at the top right of the NT window as this does not correctly close
down the X-windows client sessions on the NetView Server and you will end
up with rogue processes on the NetView Server box which will end up
consuming large amounts of CPU if not 100% of it.

There have been other issues where Exceed and NetView have been used
together. Have you considered using the Web Client in Version 6 of NetView
as an alternative ?

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl@tivoli.com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  NC  27703.    1-800-TIVOLI-8

"Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner@rfv.sfa.se> on 12/05/2000 05:14:00 AM