Re: Netview Cisco MIB Compile error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Cisco MIB Compile error
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:49:42 -0500
I was curious too and could not figure it out until I ftp'd the MIB file
over to UNIX and discovered that some of the spaces in the file are not
spaces at all but unprintable control characters.  So the MIB loader, which
uses spaces to parse on, never sees the END statement.  I replaced the
offending characters with spaces and ftp'd it back to NT.  Loads fine now
in both UNIX and NT.
(See attached file: SNMPV2-SMI-V1SMI.jrs)

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Paul Maine Jr." <paulm@msicc.com>@tkg.com on 12/07/2000 01:45:28 PM