Re: SNMP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP
From: "Mel Brinkley" <mbrinkle@arches.uga.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:10:11 -0500
Mahesh,
   We don't have nortel routers, but your ifOperStatus is probably up.  Your
router guru can most likely set the status of the interfaces to what it should
be.   When I get SNMPAgent Unset, I take it to mean that the device does not
have SNMP or that NetView can't access it.
Since the CISCO 3548 switches most likely have SNMP agents, I would check and
make sure the correct community strings are entered into NetView.

Regards,
Mel