Re: SNMP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 01:42:21 -0500
If the agent is unset, it only means that that particular SNMP sysObject ID
is not one that is listed in /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type. See the OID in
Tools...Display Object Information. Use smitty nv6000...configure to update
the oid_to_type file.  Pick something similar from the list of agents. The
thing you gain by doing this is that you get to tell Netview that this
device
is a hub (H), and get it promoted from being a generic box in the bottom of
a segment to having a fancier symbol and being displayed on the Network
level submap. If it has multiple interfaces, Netview has already made that
assumption for you. You have to delete and rediscover the device to get
the fields (vendor and agent) set after this change. I like to stop and
start
everything, just to be through.

I usually make a Collection/Smartset of things where isSNMPSupported is
true and vendor is unset, just so I can catch all such nodes and update
Netview.

Detroit

"Mel Brinkley" <mbrinkle@arches.uga.edu>@tkg.com on 12/07/2000 03:10:11 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com