RE: HSRP status handling

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: HSRP status handling
From: "Peter Anderson" <pETERanderson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:54:13 +1100
Thanks Joel,

I agree it's nothing to do with the auto-delete interval (I just put that in
in case someone thought that was the cause)

HSRP are virtual interfaces which aren't attached to a specific node (maybe
NV does, but in real life it's not).

They are associated with specific interface on TWO routers.  If both those
interfaces are Admin down, NV should either delete the HSRP altogether
(preferable where the HSRP moves to another two routers), or mark it Admin
down.

Regards,
Peter Anderson
Senior Communications Analyst
Ph:  0011 61 2 99025938
<Remove ETER from my address to reply>

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Westpac Banking Corporation.