RE: Received Unexpected Ping (NV NT V6).

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Received Unexpected Ping (NV NT V6).
From: "Peter Anderson" <pETERanderson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:58:12 +1100
It just means that netmon detected a ping response that wasn't from a ping
itself initiated.  You can see this by doing a ping from a command line.

OR

as James said, it had already expired the ping based on your configured
timeout settings.

Regards,

Peter Anderson
Senior Communications Analyst
Ph:  0011 61 2 99025938
<Remove ETER from my address to reply>

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Westpac Banking Corporation.